Tomorrow, January 11, the NH Senate Judiciary Committee will host a public hearing, including multiple cannabis-related bills (all of them likely to produce more harm to Granite Staters than positive results).
Now is the time to call and email the Senate Judiciary Committee members, as well as your respective Senator to ask them to not support these harmful cannabis bills. Here are some details on the respective bill’s set for discussion:
- This bill aims to establish (scientifically-unfounded & arbitrary) limits for the allowable amount of THC in one’s blood to determine whether one is intoxicated while driving.
- This bill will set a 16% cap on THC levels in cannabis products.
- This bill aims to criminalize the transport of cannabis (and other controlled substances) in “accessible” areas of a motor vehicle—putting even passengers at risk of criminal penalties.
- This bill aims to curb the sale of hemp-derived THC products.
We need to hold these elected official accountable for representing the will of the people, especially in regards to cannabis where more than 70% of citizens support common sense cannabis reform and legalization according to a 2023 poll. Enough is enough.
And this is where we can use your help! Please visit the links outlined below to do your part in helping to enact cannabis reform in the Granite State:
- Read up on the details of each of the 4 respective cannabis bills set for public hearing on Thursday, January 11: SB 418, SB 419, SB 426, and SB 505.
- Call and email your Senator to ask for their support on cannabis reform using the “Who’s My NH State Senator?” search function.
- Access the remote sign in option on the Senate Judiciary Committee’s calendar webpage to indicate your support for any or all of the bills, as well as submit written testimony. Thoughtful and constructive feedback is most beneficial.
- Additionally, you can live stream tomorrow’s Senate Judiciary Committee hearing here (make sure to choose Senate Judiciary on 1/11/24).
It’s long past due that a state that prides itself on the motto “Live Free or Die” takes the steps to truly enable cannabis freedom for its citizens.
Contact NH Cannabis Association
HELP SPREAD THE WORD!
Also, a reminder to visit our digital media properties at the links below. Like, follow, request access and share with like minded people in your network.
If you would like to be considered to charter a networking group in Portsmouth, Concord and points west contact us today.
JOIN US ONLINE
- NHCann Manchester Networking Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2925591894124493
- NHCann North Country Networking Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2949979955281110
- NHCann Nashua Networking Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/225983842586886
- Like our NHCann Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NHCannAssociation/
- Minds.com: https://www.minds.com/nhcannabisassociation/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nhcann/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/14044550
- Leafwire: https://www.leafwire.com/profile/company/5cc20da14d6ae9665d35cc40
- X (formerly Twitter): https://twitter.com/NhcannO